Submissions must be digital. Entrants must upload their submissions no later than 5pm, Eastern Standard Time, on the Competition Deadline, Friday, January 6, 2017. Competition organizers have established a partnership with ARC Document Solutions (3666 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115, Phone: 216-281-1234) to make submission as affordable, sustainable and efficient as possible for all competition entrants.
Digital submissions must include the following:
1) 200dpi 24”x 36” PDF of each of two submission boards (portrait orientation). Files must be labeled using the following protocol:
2) Maximum 500 word submission design summary, including the members of the team, the estimated sales point for the housing unit, and the desired scale that the team would be interested in constructing. This brief conceptual narrative should describe the project and provide any additional information that entrants want the jury to understand about their project. The file must be labeled: SDC-team name-SUMMARY.pdf. Entrants are not required to provide their team name on the boards, but are permitted to do so if they wish. Team names are not included in the 500 word maximum.
3) Three (3) “feature” images – 200dpi at 700×524 pixels (these can be renderings, plans, sections, etc.) named accordingly:
4) These files should be combined into a single ZIP file and labeled: SDC-team name-zip.
Please note, physical models will not be accepted. At the conclusion of the Shaker Design Competition, all of the entries will be on public display as part of an exhibit and closing reception where the winners will be announced. Materials submitted will not be returned to the owners at the conclusion of the Shaker Design Competition.
Digital submission procedure:
1) Upload combined ZIP file (see guidelines above) to this Dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/request/qJS94nd8eIYzDGhHQq30. Files will be visible only to you and to the competition organizers. Entrants will receive both an automatic response when the files load as well as an email confirmation.
2) Competition organizers will provide ARC Document Solutions with each qualified entrant’s uploaded ZIP file for printing purposes.
3) Competition organizers will email each qualified entrant confirming that their submission has been sent to ARC.
4) Entrants must then contact Kim Reed of ARC Document Solutions at 216-281-1234 or email@example.com to arrange payment by charge card for the printing and delivery of their two boards to Shaker Heights. The fee will be $100.
5) Once payment has been received by ARC, each submission will be printed and delivered to the City of Shaker Heights.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email the competition organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the Submission Form prior to uploading your files.
Complete the Submission Form